Friday, September 3, 2010

Decisions Decisions

Happy Friday! Wooowhooo. So glad that this week is coming to an end. And I have a 3 day weekend :) Hopefully the weather holds ups because we have a lot of outside fun activities this weekend. The day started off pretty well and then ended with a Kiss. The day was pretty uneventful so lets fast forward to the evening...


Marathon Bread, Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter, and my last banana

Wegman's Lunch. Even the Green Jasmine Tea ;)
Tuna Tataki Sashimi Style

I LOVE Tuna

and seaweed salad on the side

One of my favorite meals on the go and it was only 240 calories total!

After work I had some pineapple chunks during my drive to the gym. It looked very sad and lonely in the plastic salad bar container so I didn't take a picture. I met with the trainer and we finally had our first real work out. And work out I did: 

  • 5 minutes warm-up on the elliptical

  • Stretches

  • Planks on the stability ball

  • complete upper body w/weights on the stability ball

  • Abs w/weight ball

  • Balance test

  • Repeat routine

  • Cool-down stretch

My plan is to post a more detailed workout later, possibly with reenactment pictures and it's own page, but for now you get the gist. It felt great and I can't wait to meet with her again. I came home, with a great workout high, and waited for the bf to get home from work. Upon his arrival was when I had to make the big decision of the day. Go out for the Ravens game with the guys that I haven't seen much of this week? Or stay in and find something healthy to make at home? We had both been doing pretty well with eating and working out this week but I knew that going to the bar would mean bar FOOD. With a long weekend coming up I was trying to "be good" but I decided to cave into the pressure and go to KISlings with the boys. I didn't do too bad considering all of the delicious options on the menu. It wasn't great but I could have had much worse.

 Cup of Maryland Crab Soup

 Shrimp Salad w/ lettuce and tomato on wheat bread

 and traded one of these with the bf for a bite of my sammy (photography courtesy of the guy himself)

 And washed it all down with 1of these. Heavy Seas Summer Ale
Their tap is the one with the pirate skull and crossbones. How fun?!

All and all I'm glad I went but there was much debate about whether we should have gone out to dinner at a bar so early into our diets journey to health. The guy stated a strong case for a healthy balance between the health stuff and the greasy goodness and that's what this blog is all about right? Finding the balance. Its a work in progress.

How do you treat yourself for "being good"? How do you deal with pressure to indulge?

No comments:

Post a Comment