Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Purple Meatless Monday

First let me start by saying GO RAVENS!  Congrats to my boys on their win over the Jets. It wasn't a pretty win but it was still a win! Yaaaay!


The day began with some instant oatmeal w/ chia seeds, pumpkin butter, granola, cinnamon, and vanilla soy milk. I am NOT a fan of the instant stuff. Bleck!



Our firm was given a catered lunch by Panera from our process serving company. Unfortunately I didn't bring lunch and wasn't going to pass on the opportunity to get a free one. The conference room smelled of lunch meats, onions, and warm bread. Maybe not appetizing to some but I wanted in. As much as I wanted to dive in the smorgasbord of sammies I refrained from the turkey, italian cold cuts, tuna and chicken salads, and went with a half of a veggie sandwich on sundried tomato bread, a side of greek salad, a pickle, and a small piece of the multi grain baguette.  


The sandwich was OK. There was a strong cilantro flavored spread that I wasn't a big fan of but the bread was wonderful. Cut a little thick so it was hard to get into my mouth but it was soft and oh so fresh.


I also had one of these. I tried really hard not to eat the whole thing because it was humongous but by the end of the day there wasn't a crumb left. Shhhhh


Of course we had to go out to our favorite football spot JD's Smokehouse and we had to get there early to get a good spot so there was no time to make or eat dinner beforehand. On the way to JD's I stopped to take a picture of my snack for my walk to the square. Larabar yumminess.
Somebody else decided that it was time to take a picture too. Busted taking a picture of my food. Hehe

As much as I wanted to have one of the guy's chicken wings I stuck to my Meatless Monday goal and ate my Margherita Pizza. It was garlicky and crispy and surprisingly good considering where I was. It was a fine choice and I'd probably order it again. Maybe for more MNF games.



blurry pic from my Droid. poor bar lighting :(
  Overall Meatless Monday was a success especially with the Ravens win. It really wasn't as difficult as I thought it was going to be but it was a challenge to make good choices with the catered lunch and dinner at a bar but it can be done with a little will power.

No comments:

Post a Comment