Wednesday, September 1, 2010

So Fresh and So Clean Clean

I am feeling super sluggish this morning. Last night was the first class back for the Fall and I am tiiiiiiRed. I am currently taking Organic Chemistry II in the evenings at a nearby community college while also working full time at a law firm. It makes for a super long day but I keep telling myself that "It'll all be worth it someday". I only had about 4 weeks of a break this summer and I was so not ready to go back yet. Class runs from 7:30PM-10:30PM and my professor likes to give us our money's worth and teach up until the last second possible so I don't end up getting home until after 11:00. Since class is so late and I don't have much time to work on the blog between work and class. I'll probably be posting meals the day after especially on the days that I have class and lab. I'm sure I'll figure out a schedule and get in to a groove once the semester and the work really starts.

Breakfast in the office consisted of the other half of my muffin from the day before

 The last South Mountain Creamery yogurt that we got from the Farmer's Market a couple weeks back...


and a banana for some texture. I mashed up half of it and mixed it in and sliced up the other half and put it on top along with the pumpkin muffin crumbles.


Lunch was a combination of whatever I had in my desk and fridge.






White nectarine
almonds
Roasted Garlic Hummus
baby carrot snack pack

I've never had white nectarines before but I saw them and decided to give them a go. They were very sweet, almost like a pear but with a mild tang of a nectarine or peach. I was worried that it wasn't going to be enough food but it was actually quite filling which I think I can attribute to the bread. The marathon bread is amazing and the ingredient list looked pretty good. It's soft and chewy and the smell is almost as good as the taste. I highly highly recommend trying it if you are close to a Wegmans. Soooo good.

Ingredients:



Water, Organic Unbleached Unbromated Flour, Flaxseed, Organic Sunflower Seeds, Pumpkin Seed, Organic Stoneground Whole Wheat Flour, Organic Stoneground Whole Rye Flour. Contains 2% or less of the following: Yeast, Organic Rolled Oats, Organic Cracked Rye, Organic Wheat Gluten, Organic Carrots, Salt, Organic Malted Barley Flour, Organic Soy Grits, Organic Pumpkin Seeds, Organic Honey, Organic Sesame Seeds, Organic Apple Dices, Organic Banana Chips, Organic Sugar, Guar Gum.


I didn't take any pictures of dinner because it was just the leftovers from the Cajun Shrimp Stir-Fry. It was purdy good even for leftovers. I'm usually Terrible with eating leftovers but I've gotten so much better. I started to think about how much food I was throwing away and about how many people are starving in the world. It put things into perspective for me and really motivates me to eat what is in the house. Plus my wallet appreciates me not running to the store every day for more food.

Since class didn't start until 7:30 I had just enough time to give the pup a bath. She's been stratching like crazy so I decided to give her a good scrubbing with the flea and tick shampoo even though I couldn't actually find a single flea on her. As you can see she is quite the princess and is not a fan of getting wet.



Get me outta here
OH NOOOO
ALL CLEAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment